Formerly Northgate Shopping Center, the present location at 1400 North Ninth Street in Midlothian has housed a church for about 25 years.
In 2000, Pastor Dan and Connie arrived and it was his vision to have a coffee bar/youth outreach in the community to create a safe place for the young people of Midlothian.
With the valuable assistance of the youth pastor, Butch Ewing, the Lighthouse Coffee Bar was born in 2001. Thousands of youth attended concerts at the Lighthouse from 2001 until 2007. In 2007, the building in front of the main structure—former pawn shop, Burger Box, and office site—became available and after much prayer and consideration the derelict address was purchased and the long process of renovation began.
After two years of red tape, hard toil, and many miracles, the Lighthouse Coffee Bar opened its doors. By then the entire campus was referred to as “The Lighthouse” and so the group of Christian Believers began being referred to as “The Lighthouse Church.”
The building and field adjacent, at 1408 North Ninth, formerly an eye clinic, was added to the campus a few years later.
Since then, the Lighthouse Gallery—celebrating the visual arts—was launched, and numerous art and music festivals have been hosted.
The Lighthouse has become a haven for other churches, Bible studies, community groups, and those who just need a quiet retreat to enjoy a great drink or sandwich. Mission outreaches have been launched to Romania, England, Mexico. And many local outreaches have been supported like Dallas International Street Church, Manna House, and a children’s school in Zimbabwe, to name a few.
The Lighthouse desires to use the resources—both people and property—to make a difference for good. Even though we are committed to growing the family of God around the world, the Lighthouse shines brightest within our own local family as we make people the priority. We are the Lighthouse because we are family.